Thursday 16 January 2014

Planning: Props and Costumes

Due to my genre (rap) there is many different props and costumes that I can use, relating back to the genre. However due to the current century and my target audience my options for props and costume will be limited.
The props and costume predominately used in this generation of rap are:

· Liquor bottles
· Tattoos
· Bling (Jewellery, shiny accessories and material)
· Nice clothes (expensive suits, etc)
· Sophisticated gangster style
· Ghetto gangster style
· Low riding
· Topless
· Money
· Girls
· Sunglasses
· Drugs
· Religious symbols


For my magazine I plan to use go with the sophisticated gangster style, having my models dress up smartly, as if they’re too wealthy to be dressing in the ‘ghetto look’. I have decided to this because the rap artist of today portray themselves this way and by conforming to the typical ‘look’and styles of today’s Rap artist will appeal to my target audience. I will also use some props, such a liquor bottle and a bling. The reason I have chosen this image for my models is because this is what my target audience will be appealed too as this is what they’d expect from a rap image. Using these props and costumes will offer a sense of familiarity to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment